- Turn in questions of the Southern Renaissance and turn in the World Quiz questions.
- Lecture on the Northern Renaissance.
- Time in class to catch up
Keep working on your Media Project!
Today you will work on the Ch. 1 Preview questions. (see attached).
On block day we'll discuss the questions and delve more in depth into the idea of revolution.
- Finish lecture on Ancient Greece and the foundations of Democracy.
- HW: p11, #3,4,&5, due Tuesday
- Work on the Media Project!
- a "speed review" to remind of our learning in 7th grade Ancient World History up to the Renaissance. We begin our studies with Ancient Greece (briefly) and quickly jump to the formation of "modern" democracy (American Revolution and French Revolution).
- Don't forget to set aside five consecutive days to do Media Project, Part I!!
The attached document explain the first step in a long term project in which we explore how the average American is getting their news and the quality of that news. If you are to become responsible Global Citizens, you'll need to be able to differentiate good info from the poor quality sources.
Read pp 1-11 in the text and write a sentence or two for each vocab word
"Those who do not learn the lessons of History are doomed to repeat the past."
Today we dive into the text book, beginning with a Ppt lecture on the opening chapter. Sorry, the Ppt is not of my creating and so cannot be uploaded to this site. See me to make arrangements to view the Ppt if you were absent.
1) Sign the form if you have not yet done so. If you include a "best way to be reached", please include the info necessary for me to do so!. Saying, "by email" is pointless if you don't include the email address!
2) Watch the "Global Citizen" video (posted below
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.
Text @e461a to (805) 214-6479