There are two groups who will lead the discussion on Dante's Inferno: 7th Circle of Hell. Push them to look at 1) Who, in general is in that circle/round? 2) Who is NAMED and why is that person there? 3) What is the punishment and its contrapasso? 4) ID the symbols used 5) EXACTLY what is the "sin" committed here? Go beyond the stated.
- When the conversation dwindles, tell them to read Circle 8 for Friday and that the groups should be ready to lead discussions on Friday.
- The remainder of the period..... at their tables/groups, they will create a "new" circle of Hell ala Dante. It may replace an existing level, add a "ring" TO an existing level (e.g.: 3.2), or take the place of an existing level and push all subsequent levels down (meaning there'd now be more than nine circles in Hell).
They will need to:
- state the sin and why it belongs at the level
- what is the punishment and contrapasso
- who, in general will go to this new level
- who will the mythical guards be? Why are these guards appropriate? What is their 'sin"?
- who, specifically, will be there (YES, you can "name names") and why?
- first "draft" will be due on Friday as a list of questions answered with the names of each contributing group member on the page.
- later, each will write up an individual version in prose format (more on that on Friday).
Most unit docs here:
Sign up for notices:
TII Plagiarism ✅
Join code: 13520459
For electronic/paperless turn in of HW, Go to Google Classroom
Class Join Code: 4nuqxd2