The hard copy must be in correct MLA format. What's that? You've forgotten what that looks like? Go to the OWL site (see Engl. Dept. home page for the link) and it will have all the formatting info you need for both the essay and all citations.
The RUBRIC for the research paper is also on the Engl. Dept. home page.
Print single-sided pages
The FD must contain:
BIND the essay securely with staples, brads, report cover (no slide down bindings), or three-ring binder.
DO NOT put pages in page protectors (makes it difficult to mark up the essay)
- You should have read the Pardoner's Prologue AND his Tale as HW.
- Today you will finish your Tales Charts and hand in hard copy
Tuesday: (info needed is on the Medieval page of this site)
- Do, in your old "table groups" the Pardoner's Tale Questions and hand in by 8 PM via email or hard copy at the end of class.
- Essay for the Pardoner's Tale is due on Thursday by 8 PM
- Lecturette on SP paper requirements and organization/format
- Remainder of period on peer editing of RD
- Due to Classroom problems w/outline return:
Beginning with the Feudal Group, what are the daily job duties for each pilgrim? Groups will share their findings with the rest of the class.
This way we understand what the job IS and can then understand Chaucer's satirical point when we read what the pilgrims in his story actually DO.
Hw: Read the Prologue
Deadline for SP RD is now Monday at 8 AM.
Discuss the three societal structure of the Middle Ages: Feudal, Church/canon, and the rising middle class.
Begin work on job descriptions of characters in the Canterbury Tales. You want to use several sources for your "HR" description of specific duties.
Fill this information in on the chart (under the Prologue on the unit page).
Most unit docs here:
Sign up for notices:
TII Plagiarism ✅
Join code: 13520459
For electronic/paperless turn in of HW, Go to Google Classroom
Class Join Code: 4nuqxd2