Today we finish our iMovie trailers of an SRC novel.
Don't forget that your Annotated Bibliography is due on TUESDAY (whether you're here or not).
Outlines (for AP English) are due
AP thesis practice
Group discussion of Gluttons, Hoarders & Wasters, and the Wrathful & Sullen.
HW: Read about Dis, the Fallen Angels and the Heretics (circle six) in Cantos XI-XI
Reminder: Annotated Bibliographies are due on Tuesday, Oct. 1!!! Details and LEO link on SP tab on this site.
HW: Due tomorrow. Based on your Dante Quiz that identified your location in his Sci-Fi world (per his rules), write up 1) do you agree with where you were placed and 2) why you agree/disagree. 3) If you disagreed, where do you think you DO belong, per Dante's rules, not your personal preference.
- Select a SRC book you enjoyed here at SSHS. Create an iMovie trailer to 1) show your understanding of the novel and 2) advertise the novel to an underclassman who is seeking good SRC books to read. You will have today and Friday, in class, to work on this assignment. See sample(s) below.
- Today we went over how to do the Annotated Bibliography (see SP tab for more info and links to OWL and LEO).
- Discussion on INFERNO, Canto 3, The Vestibule of Hell. Focus on WHO is there and WHY. Then on the symbolic appropriateness of the punishment (the CONTRAPASSO).
- HW: Take the "Where in Hell Are You" quiz. Please note that his is according to Dante's rules as he sets up his Sci-Fi world of Inferno and is not religious doctrine, nor intended to be taken as such. Note where Dante would place you. For Tuesday night, you'll write up whether you agree/disagee with Dante's rules/placement and why.
HW: take a "Tour of Hell" for Cantos I-IV and play around in Dante Worlds.
- Wed. is Back to School for parents
- 1) AP Practice Quiz (5 pts) Probably will take 30 min or so
- AP quiz "Troy" (5pts)
- Sself correct the quiz (X to mark wrong answers, don't black them out!)
- 3-5 minutes to look over the right answers and discuss with a neighbor why the correct answer is correct for any they don't understand.
2) Alone, or in small groups, have them discuss the symbolic meaning of each:
3) Discuss "The Descent": encounter with Virgil, Beatrice's role, the sign over the door to Hell (full text) and it's meaning and ramifications. WHY must Dante go to/through Hell?
4) HW: read Cantos on Hell's Vestibule, Limbo, and The Carnal
-Back in our room after a week of library research for Senior Project term papers.
- Lecturette on Dante's world and the structure of Inferno.
- HW: Read the Intro and the first two Cantos (Dark Wood and The Descent). Prepare to discuss in class on Wed.
We're in the library doing SP research this week. Mrs. Forbes, our librarian, will also teach you how to do good quality online research.
By Friday, you must hand in a working thesis! Your pre-research this week will tell you if there is a enough info available on your topic.
-Senior Project ( SP) Thesis statements are due on Friday for 10 pts.
-We meet in the library this T-F to learn about research for SP and have time to do so.
- CSF applications are due to Mrs. Hazelwood no later than Tuesday, Sept. 17
- SP Parent Info. Night is 7 PM this Wednesday, 9/11/13
- Scholarship Essay: (see button below)
- EC, Measure for Measure: http://csceducationinc.com
- EC, CLU Library Tour: Victoria Axworthy 7-11 PM T-TH this week.
- I'll collect your discussion notes after class
- Lead discussion on reading.
- You're starting to talk more so that I only lead the discussion and act as facilitator! Yay! I love seeing that YOU are thinking and analyzing! Welcome to a college class!
- Intro to the Senior Project Term Paper (SP paper) and the new requirements.
- Fire Drill per. 3 means little time in all AP classes for discussion on Beowulf, following SP paper info.
- HW: read through the end of the battle w/Grendel's Mother (carrying Grendel's head to Herot). Bring 3+ notes/quotes to unpack/observations for discussion to class so YOU have something to say/add to the discussion.
Most unit docs here:
Sign up for notices:
TII Plagiarism ✅
Join code: 13520459
For electronic/paperless turn in of HW, Go to Google Classroom
Class Join Code: 4nuqxd2